10 nights Ancient Lands of the Kimberley with Coral Expeditions
From Broome To Darwin - 10 Nights
- Departing from:
- 10 Nights
- Solo and Singles $14,250 per person based Shoulder Season
- Offer Expires:
- 31st October 2022
- Reference Code:
Price per person
Explore the Kimberley region on an unforgettable expedition through an ancient landscape where nature takes centre stage and Indigenous connections and exploration history abound. Coral Expeditions has over 24 years’ experience in the Kimberley, with an expert expedition team who love to share their passion and knowledge with you.
The Kimberley Cruise
10 Nights | Departs Broome | Arrives Darwin – Coral Adventurer 120* / Coral Discoverer – 72 pax / Coral Geographer September 2021 to September 2022
10 Nights | Departs Darwin | Arrives Broome – Coral Adventurer 120* / Coral Discoverer – 72 pax / Coral Geographer September 2021 to September 2022
Perfected over three decades, our 10-night Kimberley cruise takes you on an unforgettable journey from Broome to Darwin. Expert guides interpret 40,000-year-old rock art and retrace the history of Phillip Parker King who first charted this spectacular coastline 200 years ago. Board a Zodiac and touch the spray from the magnificent King George River and its towering 80-metre twin falls. Join an expert guide to learn about the history of the ancient Wandjina and Gwion Gwion rock paintings. Witness waterfalls cascading off Montgomery Reef as it rises out of the ocean on the ebbing tide, whilst discovering the reef’s diverse marine life. Later in the season, witness Humpback Whales on their migration north to breeding grounds along the Kimberley coast.
- Peak Season – May, June, & July
- Shoulder Season – March & April (Waterfalls), August & September (Whales)
Contact Horizons for departure dates
|CORAL ADVENTURER||PEAK SEASON TWIN SHARE PER PERSON||PEAK SEASON SOLE USE*||SHOULDER SEASON TWIN SHARE PER PERSON||SHOULDER SEASON SOLE USE*|
|Bridge Deck Balcony Suite||$20,890||n/a||$17,750||n/a|
|Bridge Deck Balcony Stateroom||$15,590||n/a||$13,590||n/a|
|Explorer Deck Balcony Stateroom||$15,290||$22,935||$12,990||$19,485|
|Promenade Deck Stateroom||$10,890||$16,335||$9,850||$14,775|
|Coral Deck Stateroom||$9,350||$14,025||$8,250||$14,025|
> Experience the thrill of riding the tidal rapids through Horizontal Falls aboard a Zodiac
> Marvel at King George River and get in close to the soaring 80 m high King George Falls
> Visit Indigenous rock art galleries and learn about ancient Wandjina and Gwion Gwion art
> Spot crocodiles, tawny nurse sharks, sea turtles, humpback, whales, and rock wallabies
> Get up close to Montgomery Reef as it emerges from the sea and discover the tidal reef’s diverse marine life
> Visit the Important Bird Area of the Lacepede Islands, and spot numerous bird species throughout your voyage,
including Eastern Ospreys and White-breasted Sea Eagles > Follow in the wake of Phillip Parker King on a cruise up the
Prince Regent River to King Cascade waterfall
> View the Kimberley landscape from the air on an optional scenic helicopter flight to Mitchell Falls (additional cost)
> Enjoy sunset canapes and drinks on the beach as dusk settles over the Kimberley
CORAL EXPEDITIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Full conditions available
To make a reservation you have to pay a deposit of 20% of the fare. The balance of the fare is due ninety (90) days prior to departure. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
Notification of cancellation must be received in writing. At the time we receive your cancellation the following penalties will apply:
- Up to 90 days prior to departure – forfeit your deposit of 20% of the fare.
- 60 to 89 days prior to departure – forfeit 50% of the fare.
- No-show to 59 days prior to departure – forfeit 100% of the fare.
- Date change fee made more than 90 days before departure – $500pp fee.
- Date change within 90 days of departure is considered a cancellation and standard Cancellation Policy applies.
- A name change/transfer of the booking to another person is considered a cancellation and Cancellation Penalties (as above) will apply.
- A $200 per person fee is applicable for any amendments not requiring a date change after booking is confirmed.
TRIP CANCELLATION AND INTERRUPTION INSURANCE:
We strongly recommend that all passengers purchase cruise cancellation and interruption insurance as protection against any circumstance which may force you to cancel or leave an expedition whilst it is in progress.
Accommodation on the Ship is based on twin share occupancy. If you are travelling alone and wish to share accommodation, a room mate will be assigned to your cabin whenever possible. When pairing room mates we always pair participants of the same sex. In the event of a share partner not being found, standard twin share stateroom rate will be applied.
Upon payment of the fare for the Cruise and the confirmation of the booking by us or our authorised travel agent a Contract is concluded between us (the carrier) and you (the passenger) concerning the Cruise in terms of these Cruise Ticket Conditions. Any payment of the cruise fare implies acceptance of all Terms and Conditions.
In these Cruise Ticket Conditions:
- “brochure” means this brochure and any other promotional material published by the Carrier with reference to the Cruise.
- “carrier” means and includes Coral Expeditions, the Ship, the Ship’s owners, operators, managers, charterers, agents, sub-contractors and employees.
- “Coral Expeditions” means Coral Princess Cruises (NQ) Pty Ltd (A.B.N 51 010 809 417) of Hartley Street, Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
- “Cruise” means the passage agreed to be undertaken by the carrier in the Contract.
- “passenger” means each person purchasing or accepting the Contract entitled to board the Ship for the Cruise.
- “Queensland” means the State of Queensland in the Commonwealth of Australia.
- “the Ship” means the Cruise Ship used by the carrier to conduct the Cruise.
- “Unexpected Event” means any act, circumstance or event beyond the control of the carrier caused or arising from but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, government restraint, riots, strikes, lockouts, labour troubles, epidemic, civil disturbances, perils of the sea, harbours, rivers or other navigable waters, fuel shortages or abrupt and unexpected increases in fuel costs, collisions, stranding, fire, lightning, storm, rough and adverse sea conditions, tidal waves, cyclones, theft, barratry or any other crime by any person, faults or errors of navigation or management of the Ship or any other vessel, explosions, breakage of shafts or any defect or unseaworthiness in hull, machinery or appurtenances, equipment, furnishings or supplies of the Ship or launches or vehicles or any defect of the carrier’s premises, fault or neglect of pilots, tugs, crew, agents or independent contractors, port closures, delays in allocation and permits to berth the Ship at ports on arrival and seizure of the Vessel under legal process.
Where this brochure contains particulars of our conditions or policy about reservation procedures, bookings, cancellations, refunds of fares and itineraries for the Cruise then it forms part of these Cruise Ticket Conditions and if there is any inconsistency these Cruise Ticket Conditions shall prevail.
Passengers do not have the right to transfer their rights and obligations under these Cruise Ticket Conditions. The fare paid shall not be refundable except as permitted in these Cruise Ticket Conditions and the carrier will not be liable to make any refund to the passenger if the passenger fails to embark on the Ship for the Cruise.
CRUISE CHANGES, DELAYS OR CANCELLATIONS:
The carrier will endeavour to follow the Cruise itinerary as described in the brochure and the passenger accepts that the carrier has the right to change the itinerary, the Ship or cancel the Cruise as a result of some Unexpected Event or prevailing inclement weather conditions and the passenger accepts that the passenger will not be entitled to any compensation or a refund of the fare paid should this occur. If the carrier cancels the Cruise for any other reason the carrier will refund the fare paid and if the departure of a Cruise is delayed or if the Cruise itinerary is shortened for any other reason the carrier will refund part of the fare paid on a pro rata basis to allow for the time lost. So far as these Cruise Ticket Conditions constitute a contract for the supply of services then and in no event shall the liability of the carrier to the passenger for a breach of an express or implied condition or warranty in that respect exceed, at the election of the carrier:
- an obligation on the part of the carrier to supply the services again, or;
- the refund or payment to the passenger of an amount equal to the fare paid by the passenger for the Cruise.
PASSENGER HEALTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The passenger admits a full understanding of the nature and character of the Ship and the scope of the activities contemplated by the passenger during the Cruise (including those relating to off Ship activities such as excursions in the Ship’s tenders, snorkelling and diving) and assures and undertakes to the carrier:-
- that they are in good health and well able to undertake the Cruise and the contemplated activities;
- that they will effect travel insurance sufficient to cover any limitation of liability against them imposed by these Cruise Ticket Conditions should they wish to do so;
- that they accept the risk that they may suffer from sea sickness;
- that they have disclosed any physical or mental disability requiring special attention (including the use of a wheelchair) or treatment at the time when the reservation for the Cruise was made;
- that no passenger will be permitted to embark or continue on a voyage while their mental or physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of the carrier, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves, or whereby they become objectionable to other passengers, or they become a hazard to themselves or others. The carrier will not be responsible for any expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the cruise;
- that the passenger accepts that a medical certificate certifying fitness for travel may be required at the carrier’s request and if any passenger has had surgery less than twelve (12) months prior to sailing that passenger must submit a letter from a qualified physician stating that he or she is fit to travel and the carrier reserves the right to deny passage if a passenger requires care and attention which the carrier cannot adequately provide and this decision may be made by the carrier in its sole discretion;
- The carrier reserves the right to refuse or deny participation in activities or programmes either aboard the Ship or off Ship which are sponsored or promoted by the carrier to any passenger who has a past or present medical condition that may present risks if the passenger participates in those activities and any decision in this respect may be made by the carrier in its sole discretion;
- Any charges incurred by passengers for medical reasons including but not limited to physicians, surgeons, hospitals, off Ship accommodation, medication, diagnostic facilities, air ambulance evacuation or ground ambulance shall be the sole responsibility of the passenger;
- for the safety and comfort of passengers smoking is not permitted in the Ship except on designated open deck spaces outside all air-conditioned and sealed areas of the Ship;
- and the passenger agrees to indemnify the carrier from and against all claims, costs, charges, fines or penalties arising as a result of any claim made against the carrier in this respect.